Call for papers
We seek submissions from academia, industry, and government presenting novel research on all theoretical and practical aspects of security and privacy protection in ICT Systems.
TOPICSTopics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Access control and authentication
- Applied cryptography
- Audit and risk analysis
- Big data security
- Blockchain and distributed ledgers
- Cloud and big data security
- Critical infrastructure protection
- Data and applications security
- Digital forensics
- Human aspects of information security and assurance
- Identity management
- Information security education
- Information security management
- Information technology misuse and the law
- Legal aspects and regulatory framework for security
- Managing information security functions
- Mobile security
- Multilateral security
- Network & distributed systems security
- Pervasive systems security
- Privacy protection
- Trust Management
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSIONS
- Papers must be written in English. Submissions should be at most 14 pages long including references and appendices.
- Submissions should not be anonymized.
- PC members are not required to read the appendices, so the paper should be intelligible without them.
- The papers have to be submitted via Easychair conference system. The submission Web page for SEC 2018 is https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sec2018
- Submitted papers must be original, unpublished, and not submitted to another conference or journal for consideration. The authors have to follow the Springer LNCS formatting instructions (see instructions for Word and LaTeX2e templates at: http://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines)
- Each paper will receive at least 4 reviews.
- Accepted papers will be presented at the conference and included in the conference proceedings published in the IFIP AICT series of the official IFIP publisher: Springer Nature.
- After the conference, extended versions of selected papers will be considered for publication in the journals Computers and Security and International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection. Those papers will undergo at least another review round.
- At least one author of each accepted paper must register to the conference by the early date indicated by the organizers, and present the paper.
- Submission due: January 20, 2018 (11:59pm New Zealand Time)
- Notification of acceptance: 10 March 2018
- Submission of the camera-ready version of the paper: 17 March 2018