This concerns in particular accommodation possibility.
- It is hard to predict the weather in September. It could be cold and rainy or pleasantly warm and sunny.
Check the weather forecast!
- EUR is not the local currency! There are plenty ATM machines in Poznań. Most shops (but not taxis) accept
ATM cards -- most international systems are accepted (there might be troubles with the national systems
from remote countries). Some shops accept EUR, but the exchange rate is usually low.
The prices are relatively low compared to most countries.
- Knowledge of English in the population is growing, but if you need an advice first ask younger people.
You may also try other languages (German, French, ...).
- Poznań has a public transportation system (trams and busses).
It is relatively convenient and not expensive. See details on
the webpage of ZTM company.
The most convenient way might be to buy one of the time tickets for your whole stay.
- Poznań has an interesting history and some interesting places to visit. Plan carefully the time
between the sessions and in the evening! A good idea is to take a walk in the evening -- however plan the route
in advance (there are many interesting places and you could easily miss something).
- Poznań and generally Poland is relatively safe with a low criminality rate. However,
this is only statistics. Be reasonably careful!